Hello all Warrior Cross Country Athletes! Below is a list of some of the things you will need to take care of before the beginning of the season August 10th!! Information and some forms can be found by going to www.meridianathletics.com, go to the “more” tab on the far right of the screen and then go to the sports medicine section on the far right. If your student is interested in competing in Cross Country this season I would love to hear from you. We have a great group of kids who work very hard both at practice and in the classroom. We care about the improvement and health of all our athletes and are open do discussing these with parents. GO WARRIORS!
- If you are an athlete who is a Freshman of Junior you will need to get a “high school sports physical.” This form is on the www.meridianathletics.com website. go to the “more” tab on the far right of the screen and then go to the sports medicine section on the far right.
- You will need to complete the SWOL registration (also found on meridianathletics.com) Instructions and link can be found here.
- You will need to fill our the districts IQ form. Found in the office of MHS.
- There are two payments for competing in each sport in the West Ada School District. You will need to purchase an ASB card for $40… this will get your student into all home games for free and will pay for itself quickly. The second is a “Pay to Participate” fee that costs $110 per sport with any sports over 2 being fee free. We have to fundraise on top of this money because our programs get very little of this money. If you have any questions or concerns please contact coach McCrea. 208-631-8814
- Other Costs: We will have a $30 team fee for joining the team this year. This will cover the cost of your team shirt and entry to all xc meets in the treasure valley. We will also be traveling up to Silverwood Theme Park for a race and spend the rest of the day riding roller coasters. This trip will cost $75 per athlete but will cover their bus, meals, and entrance into the park. If your athlete is a varsity athlete we will be taking 9 boys and 9 girls on a trip to compete in the Stanford Invitational. The cost of this trip will be somewhere between $60 and $100 per athlete and will include all breakfasts and dinners.
- Athletes who cannot afford the fees should contact coach McCrea soon. We do have some money for those who cannot afford to pay. We do expect all athletes who can to be at fundraisers.
Below is the practice schedule for the first two weeks of practice.
Aug 10– 7:30AM-9:AM @ MHS Track- Easy Run and Introduction… any athlete who does not have their paperwork done will be sent home.
3:00PM-4:15PM@ MHS Track- Drills and Strength
Aug 11– 8:00AM Eagle Greenbelt near Bar De Nay… Longer Run
Aug 13– 7:30-8:30AM easy run and stretching @ MHS
8:00-9:30PM- Settlers Park for splash pad intervals
August 14– 7:30-9AM Easy Run and Stretching @ MHS
7:00-9ish PM “Taco Tuesday!” short run and taco bar… Address coming soon.
Aug 15- 7:30-9:00AM Easy Run @ MHS
Aug 16– 7:00-8:30AM Flying 30’s @ MHS
5:30-6:30PM Parent meeting in MHS gym and xc meeting in room 192 for season info
Aug 17- 7:30-8:30AM Easy Run @ Peregrine Elementary off Linder
3:00-4:00PM Strength and drills at MHS
Aug 18– 7:30AM @ Fort Boise “Tempo Canyon”
Aug 20– 7:30-9AM @ school easy recovery
Aug 21– 3:15PM Pictures back at Bar De Nay, Wear Nice Clothes.
7:30-9PM @ Settlers Park for Splashpad Intervals.
Aug 22- 1st day of school!! Practice meets @ 3pm at the track be dressed and ready to go.
Aug 23- Team Time Trial 3k from 6pm-9pm @ 4576 W. Saddle Ridge Dr. In Nampa
We will bbq burgers. Course will be mostly bark chip trail.